As you know, our province has been easing restrictions. If we stay on the current path, rinks and other facilities might begin to operate in the next phase (yellow phase).
SCNB, along with other provincial sport organizations, had a meeting with provincial departments and agencies to discuss the return to sport. Several items were discussed and many questions were brought forward. Like you, we are eager to return to skating and ask that you be patient as we navigate this unknown territory. Our provincial leaders are receiving many questions, some of which SCNB has brought forward. In the spirit of learning to navigate each day in a dynamic situation, it would be really appreciated that you refrain from reaching out to them. We will get the answers as we move forward.
In the meantime, please find links below that were shared with us:
- Renewed and revised mandatory order COVID 19 https://www2.gnb.ca/content/dam/gnb/Corporate/pdf/EmergencyUrgence19.pdf
- NB Recovery Plan https://www2.gnb.ca/content/gnb/en/corporate/promo/covid-19/recovery.html
- This document explains the activities that will be allowed during the phases. Please refer to the link for full details.
- Yellow Phase: In this phase, rinks may open if they can respect physical distancing measures. They will also be subject to the COVID-19 general guidance. It also states: "Sports activities may operate as per the guidance provided to them by their national or provincial organization, as long as they identify means to limit the number and intensity of close contacts during play. All provincial, regional or local leagues shall maintain operational plans to ensure compliance with this guidance. They will also be subject to the COVID-19 general guidance. All reasonable attempts shall be made to respect physical distancing measures as much as possible except brief contacts on or off the field, arenas, gyms, rinks, etc. Youth leagues will ensure that spectators at games are limited to one accompanying adult per child.
- GNB Covid 19 Operational guide https://www2.gnb.ca/content/dam/gnb/Departments/eco-bce/Promo/covid-19/covid-op-plan-guide.pdf
- Worksafe NB Guidelines https://www.worksafenb.ca/media/60996/embracing-the-new-normal.pdf
Office of the Chief Medical Officer of Healthhttps://www2.gnb.ca/content/gnb/en/departments/ocmoh/cdc/content/respiratory_diseases/coronavirus.html