We hope that you are all safe and staying up to date on the COVID-19 recommendations. If we all do our share, we will help to "flatten the curve",
Yesterday, the Office of the Chief medical officer of health recommended that: " the following businesses and public spaces be closed effective tomorrow, Tuesday, March 17, until further notice:
- performance spaces;
- swimming pools, spas, saunas and water parks;
- recreational sites such as ski resorts, amusement parks, trampoline centres, etc.;
- cinemas and arcades;
- training centres and dance, spinning, zumba and yoga centres;
- indoor soccer centres;
- bars and discotheques;
- restaurants that offer buffets;
- sugar bush operations open to the public."
SCNB would like to echo Skate Canada's statement that:
"Effective immediately, all Skate Canada, sections, clubs and skating schools are instructed to follow guidelines outlined by provincial and municipal governments, as well as their respective Skate Canada section. Depending on your jurisdiction, some clubs and skating schools may be required to suspend all or some activities."
At this time, we would also like to update you on upcoming SCNB activities:
- Atlantic Canada Skating Championships - cancelled
- SCNB Spring Skate - cancelled
- Seminar with Yvan Desjardins - TBD
- Club Coach training - TBD
- SCNB Awards Banquet - TBD
We regret that we cannot provide more clarity for certain events at this time. Like many, we are waiting to see how the COVID-19 situation will evolve.
Thank you for your continued cooperation and patience.
Office of the Chief Medical Officer of Healthhttps://www2.gnb.ca/content/gnb/en/departments/ocmoh/cdc/content/respiratory_diseases/coronavirus.html