Skate Canada New Brunswick (SCNB) replaced its lottery with the Skate Canada New Brunswick Program Fee. These monies are used to subsidize skating programs such as CompetitiveSkate, STARSkate, SynchroSkate, Adult Skate, CanPowerSkate, Officials and Coaches.
Skate Canada New Brunswick will invoice the club/skating school for registrants based on data provided by Skate Canada. Any registrant who is registered for a skating program (eg CompetitiveSkate, CanSkate, STARSkate, Adult Skate, SynchroSkate, CanPowerSkate, etc) will be subject to a $10 SCNB Program Fee. The following will be exempt from this fee:
- Club Board Members that are not registered in any skating program
- SynchroSkate Managers and Chaperones that are not registered in any skating program
- Officials (Data Specialist, Judges, Tech Panel, Evaluators, Skate Canada Announcers) that are not registered in any skating program
- Program Assistants that are not registered in any skating program
- Skate Canada New Brunswick Board Members that are not registered in any skating program
There will be three (3) invoicing periods during the year:
- Fall – November 30th
- Winter - January 30th data
- Spring – April 30th data
SCNB will deliver the invoices to the Clubs/Skating School via e-mail. Payment will be due on receipt.
Upon receipt of the Fall Invoice, club/skating school must provide the number, names, and roles, of eligible exemptions. This number should be deducted from the payment.
Payment can be made by:
- made to Skate Canada New Brunswick
- Include list of exemptions (see above for information to be provided)
- Mail to: SCNB, 4-299 Champlain, Dieppe NB E1A 1P2
SCNB reserves the right to take actions against a club that fails to remit the skater program fee in a timely manner. Such action may include placing the club in non-compliance and making their skaters ineligible to participate in competitions and or events until payment is received.